In 1971 the Hannan Foundation constructed Hannan House as a residence for low income seniors. Although Hannan House formerly offered high quality affordable housing in the heart of Detroit's Midtown University Cultural and Medical Center Area, subsidized senior apartment buildings were built in the area surrounding Hannan House. Subsequently, the need for Hannan's single room, home for the aged, units decreased significantly.
In response to declining occupancy Hannan conferred with non-profit senior service providers and surveyed seniors in Detroit to determine the best use for the building. This resulted in the decision by Hannan in 1993 to “adaptively reuse” the 45,000 square foot, four story (five levels) building by converting it into a multi tenant nonprofit office center. Southwest Housing Solutions is the property manager.
In addition to the services and programs for persons age sixty and older provided by Hannan, the Hannan House Nonprofit Office Center provides affordable, high quality office, activity and meeting space for nonprofit organizations including the following:
1) Office space is provided at below the market rent. Included in the rent are all utilities, parking and conference space as well as high speed Internet access.
2) ABLE At Hannan Business Center Managed by Operation ABLE, the ABLE at Hannan Business Center provides services such as copying, mailing, faxing, enhanced reception and many other office support services.
3) Affiliate Program Also managed by Operation ABLE, the program is available for organizations who do not require leased office space but would like to have a mailing address, use of meeting space, etc..
4) Meeting, conference and program space is available at no cost to tenants and for rental on a one time or ongoing basis for non tenants.
5) Information technology infrastructure for all tenants at Hannan House links them to the Internet via a high speed connection.
6) Affordable food service is available through the Hannan Café. Located on the first floor, the Hannan Café is managed by Ms. Ruth's Catering and provides breakfast and lunch as well as catering for meetings and events. It also has wireless access to the Internet and a “Cyber Cafe” for persons sixty years of age or older.
Hannan House's property manager is Southwest Housing Solution. For information on renting office or meeting space contact Robbie Walker, Southwest Housing Solutions, at 313-779-3004 or email@example.com