Aging in place” is the goal for many of us. Service coordinators can help.
Together with leading affordable senior housing provider CSI Support & Development Services and funding from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Hannan Foundation provides thousands of older adults with supportive services to maintain self-sufficiency. With offices in senior residencies, Hannan-employed service coordinators help connect low-income occupants with the services they need to age in place within their own home.
The benefits of service coordinators are numerous:
- Help seniors remain independent and in their own apartment
- Support seniors and their families’ economic security with service linkage
- Help residents avoid premature admission to costly institutionalized care
- Foster healthy communities with educational workshops and mobile screening events
- Reduce apartment turnover and damage by assisting with the resolution of lease violations
Hannan service coordinators receive extensive training prior to and throughout their employment, and they are bound by strict confidentiality standards in addition to adhering to all HUD guidelines.
Please visit our Contact Us page for a list of our current service coordinators and their locations.
Please click on this link to see an article referencing our Service Coordination program on Mode Shift: http://www.wearemodeshift.org/node/738